Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bouncing Balls

I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders!  For several years I have tried to start a blog and struggled. The struggle stemmed from my thought I needed to pick a topic and center the blog around that topic. 

Maybe a better way to put it is I struggled with choosing the topic. Not that I don't have specific ideas on my mind, but that I was putting myself in a box by choosing the wrong topic. 

Let me get to the point. I was trying to write about my experience and thoughts surrounding running, basketball, leadership and even marathon training. What I discovered is I couldn't just focus on those sole sources of ideas because they were too narrow. 

Now I don't want this to sound wrong (although to some of you it will), but the topic I should have focused on all along was me. Cue the laugh track! 

It dawned on me today my attempt at blogging was difficult because the main thread through all of those interesting topics is me and I was putting myself in a box. 

I AM multifaceted and tend to follow "bouncing balls" a lot. Some people call it ADD/ADHD, but I just call it "being me".

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what I have to say. If you don't I hope it will at least make you think. Either way welcome to a new journey. My new journey. Our new journey. 

Fasten your seatbelts the train is leaving the station and I know it will be a bumpy ride. Kind of like a bouncing ball!

Welcome to B Hillville!

No comments:

Post a Comment